Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Competitive

I thought High School sports was competitive, until I threw my hat into the ring of photography.  I have always enjoyed capturing a great moment on film, but now with the advancements of digital photography it seems that everyone is a photographer for hire.  I truly enjoy knowing how my camera functions and the miraculous piece of technology that I hold in my hand each time I click the shutter.  Shutter, exposure, lighting, Aperture, ISO, concepts that are becoming lost in the digital age, I fear.  With the wonderful advancements of the camera industry all you have to do is let the camera think for you.  Sounds great right! Not if you can't produce the same quality each time you shoot.  I wouldn't want to trust my special day to just anyone.  I'm a firm believer that you should know why and the how of just what happened to get a shot. Instead of just looking at your instant preview and being overjoyed by a happy little coincidence.  My hat goes off to those who have studied and truly learned the mechanics of fine photography.  An art that I strive to encompass everyday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment